One of our Wisconsin dealer, Shoeder’s Sport Center out of Rhinelander, WI , was recently featured in an article for Wisconsin’s Star Journal spotlighting their local marine business. You can read the article online or check out Shoeder’s website to learn more about this ShoreMaster dealer. Congratulations Shoeder’s!
Memorial Day is this coming weekend and it brings with it the unofficial start to Summer – yes, even though we here in Minnesota still ice on most lakes just 3 weeks ago – which means you’ll hopefully be heading to the lake.
We’ve put together a quick checklist to help make sure that your home, cabin and shore are ready for the season so that you can spend your time enjoying some fun on the water.
- Check your air conditioner and service as needed – you don’t want to find out it isn’t working on that first hot Summer day.
- Inspect, sweep and power wash your deck or porch. Touch up stains and paints as needed.
- Prep your lawn. You may need to give the yard a good mowing already and you’ll want to make sure to rake up any leftover leaves and debris so that the lush green grass can thrive.
- Clean the grill, fill the propane tanks and stock up on charcoal – you’ll want to make sure you have everything ready for the first nightly barbeque.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors – these should be tested every 6 months. If you don’t have detectors and/or fire extinguishers be sure to get some.
- Look over screens on windows and doors. Repair holes or replace as needed to keep the bugs out.
- Service your boat and PWC – check and fill fluid levels, inspect the hull, test electronics, give it a thorough cleaning, and test the engine before taking any equipment out onto the water.
- Install docks and lifts. Be sure to follow all manufacturers’ guidelines and to use teamwork to make sure installations are done safely and accurately.
- Clean up your waterfront. Get out the rake and clean up any debris around your shore.
- Make sure you stock the cupboards with snack, hamburgers, chips, hot dogs, buns, and all the Summer goodies.
We are so excited to have the new ShoreMaster website up and running. With its release we’d like to highlight a few features of the new site that you may find helpful. Be sure to check these and all the new pages and then let us know what you think.
If you are ready this you know then that we’ve had a weekly blog to our website. This blog will serve as a resource to keep our customers informed on new products, product modifications, new ShoreMaster dealers, events, ShoreMaster news, as well as tips and tricks for your waterfront. You can subscribe to the blog to get each new post emailed directly to your inbox, or just stop back each week to get your ShoreMaster fix.
Updated Product Pages
With our new site we are hoping to make it easier for you to find the dock, lift and accessories that are right for you and your waterfront. We’ll be continually updated our product pages to provide you with the most current product specifications, available models and accessories, and more. Our dock builder is still available and we’ll be looking to update this feature as well so that you can explore your options and get the waterfront equipment that is perfect for you.
Whether you are shopping for your first ShoreMaster dock or lift or looking to care for those installed on your shore our Experience ShoreMaster section has all the resources you need. Photo galleries, product bulletins, events calendars, product brochures, and more are all available.
Wow! It’s hard to imagine this is our first blog post, then again, if you’re reading this, you already know that a lot has changed at ShoreMaster over the last few months, like our new website. After five years since the launch of the old ShoreMaster website in 2008, it was time to freshen things up a bit, so we set out to create a more user-friendly website for both our dealers and our end-users. Obviously, the late spring has delayed a lot of the photo updates that we still need to make, but overall, we are confident that our dealers and our end-users will enjoy the new functionality, especially as we continue to update and improve the site content. Check back later this week as we cover some of the new features you’ll definitely want to check out.
ShoreMaster’s New Ownership
On February 8th, 2013 ShoreMaster announced that substantially all of its assets had been acquired by High Street Capital, a longstanding private equity group based in Chicago, IL. In retrospect, this was great news for ShoreMaster, its customers, its employees, and its new owners, High Street Capital. ShoreMaster continues to operate independently and its corporate headquarters remains in Fergus Falls, MN. The existing management team remains in place, and ShoreMaster is well positioned to continue to lead the waterfront equipment market.
We are extremely thankful for all of our friends, loyal customers, dealers and partners, you make ShoreMaster what it is today and help shape what it will become tomorrow. It’s going to be a fun ride!